PKR

Saturday 8 January 2011

This year so far...

...isn't going great.  I am about breakeven so far this year despite playing pretty well.  The main reason for this has been because of just not winning allins in big pots at 5/10 which ulitimately is always going to hurt your bottom line.  The negatives of running bad in allin ev terms is that you tend to feel sorry for yourself and moan more than usual because you feel you are doing everything right but the poker gods arn't complying with you.  On the other hand, at least you do know that are probably doing something right and the figures in HEM tell you that you are playing well enough to win so your confidence isn't knocked too much.  With cooler type situations you can often have doubts creep into your mind that you could have played the hand differently.  These doubts can be beneficial as they stop you from being complacent and thinking things like, 'well i had trips, how could I fold' but equally you will go mad if you try to think of ways you could fold massive hands all the time.  Anyway, I'm happy with the volume I've put in so far and rarely played below my B game so I'm sure I'll be posting good profits soon enough.

When there haven't been many tables running on PKR I have been playing some Rush Poker on Full Tilt.  My results in this have also been pretty rubbish though I have found it quite enjoyable and interesting to play.  The fields at $1/2 are reasonably soft from my small amount of experience with typically two fish at every table you appear at.  I am probably at a slight disadvantage to the full-time regs on there at the moment because it takes some time to figure out how the games run and the nuances of it compared to 'normal' poker.  I have run into some quite hilarious situations so far including being one-outed in a 400bb pot by a straight flush to my turned boat.  One interesting thing about the games is that you can get really deep with other regs because of how quickly you can get hands in, so being 500bb+ deep isn't uncommon.

Apart from poker I haven't been up to very much recently.  I have been to the cinema a couple of times to see Meet the Little Fockers and The Way Back.  Little Fockers is EXACTLY as you expect it to be with the usual jokes being retold within a pointless story.  I laughed out loud (lol'd) a few times, like when the kid pukes in Ben Stiller's face (how can you not?) but I'm sure Stiller could think up better comedy than that if he tried.  Let's hope this is the last movie in this franchise.  The Way Back was a much more fulfilling cinema experience.  It's a WWII film based on this group that escape from a siberian prison and ends up walking 4000km to freedom in India with a lot of challenges on the way.  I enjoyed this film, though expect a look of montages of people walking.  I have a list of films I want to see based on various recommendations which incudes:
  • The Disappearance of Alice Creed
  • Catfish
  • Greenberg
  • Winter's Bone
  • Toy Story 3
  • Buried
  • Others I can't think of.
Thats all I got, but here's a funny Charlie Brooker video parodying a typical news report....

1 comment:

  1. Nice update, but 'tis a shame about the results. It'll all come good and you know this. Loved the Charlie Brooker clip.

    ReplyDelete