PKR

Sunday 6 March 2011

Liking donkaments now


Got my biggest ever online tournament score last night coming 2nd in the $55 DNG on Stars for $16.6k which I am pretty darn happy with, tinged with a hint of disappointment in not winning.  This tournament was shaping up to be a typical min-cash affair as I limped into the money with a below average stack until I hit a hot streak with about 4 or 5 tables left and amassed a load of chips, instead of the usual blinding down until 10bbs and losing a flip to collect some pocket change.  I continued to cooler people and win allins when necessary until we got three handed which dragged on for ages and the person who got short kept winning allins to survive and I went from being commanding chip leader, to short stack, to chip leader, back to average stack before the other two players got all in and one got knocked out.  I went into hu short and never really recovered.

I definitely made a load of mistakes at various stages of the final table.  I know this because I was frequently stumped as to what the best play was with my very limited experience of playing between 20 and 40bbs deep but overall I think I did decent and was happy to be seeing my opponents making obvious mistakes to allow me to reassure myself I had a good edge.

Going to play some more tournaments tonight to ride this hot streak for all it's worth including the big Sunday Million Anniversary tournament where the winner will get over a million bucks.

2 comments: