PKR

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Human Centipede II

Not sure if any of my loyal blog readers are aware of the Human Centipede film but here's the trailer in case you haven't.  It explains the main themes behind the film...


Anyway, it's a pretty bad film but the rather fucked up premise behind it is enough to at least get you to start watching.  It obviously did well enough for a sequel to be developed and the director Tom Six said that the second film would make the first one seem like My Little Pony. 

However, it seems he's gone too far as the British Board of Film Classification has banned it from release.  The reasoning they gave was because it was too horrific and no amount of cuts could mean it could be classified.  It's hard to argue with the BBFC when they describe things like one scene which involves him wrapping barbed wire around his penis and raping the woman at the end of the centipede, having become aroused by the sight of his victims being forced to defecate into each others' mouths.  Nice.

I guess this ban might end up being positive if the film is ever able to be released as it makes people curious.  A few articles about it have appeared on the Guardian website and they have a lot of views and comments.

Poker

I'm back in the cash games this month and it's going well so far.  The games at 2/4 and 5/10 have been great, with a lot of action and dead money.  I actually can't beat 2/4 this year (down a bit over 60k hands), but am making up for this and more with some 5/10 run good.  Obviously this is the way round you want it.

I also booked Vegas the other day.  My plan is to fly out 27th June and stay at the Rio until the 1st July.  I'm going to try and grind hard over this time and do the $1.5k WSOP event that falls in this period.  I'll probably take about $10k out with me and play some $2/5nl to start out with, possibly moving up if I run hot and win.  Then on the 1st I'm moving to the Cosmopolitan with PKR until the 7th and will play less poker during this time, except for the $1k WSOP event.  Should be fun, though I think after ten days of Vegas I will be desperate to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment