PKR

Monday 2 January 2012

2011 etc

2011 was a good year for me in poker.  I'm pretty sure I ran above average in cash games online, mostly due to running very well at the higher stakes I played which over-compensated for the run bad at lower stakes.  I also did well at online MTTs with lots of medium scores, including five-figure results of 16k (Stars DNG), 10k (PKR 500) and 10k (Party High Roller) as well as some smaller cashes around the 5k mark.  That big score (which I would class as being >$25k) still alludes me, but I can't complain given the volume of MTTs played.  Live MTTs started rubbish as I went 0/10 until I came 3rd in the Fox Club main event for £7200 and have min cashed two tournaments since then making the year a bit above breakeven.  In live cash I have run terrible but haven't played much of it and at relatively small stakes compared to my bankroll so that's all good.

I also hit a sort-of milestone recently of recording one million hands on my current HEM database which is by far the most hands I have ever had stored at any one time.  Here is the graph:

  
This has occurred over a period of three and a bit years.  I'm very happy with the consistency and winrate per hand but it also makes me think I should be increasing my volume.  Given all the changes to the poker industry in 2011, there's no time to take for granted the ability to make money at this game.  Looking at this graph makes me think another thing too....where has all my money gone!?

I don't really have any specific poker goals for 2012. Mostly it's just to just keep enjoying playing and surviving.  Winning a big tournament would be nice too!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing results mate. Does that include live tourneys too or just PKR cash?? Congrats on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cash on multiple sites. Estimate it's like 60% PKR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mbn running like god 4life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kloonike from PKR9 January 2012 at 04:55

    Wow, I suck. Very impressive results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a fish

    Dyl

    ReplyDelete