PKR

Monday 1 November 2010

Big bluff

Just finished a session and had this hand.  This villain, Japete, kindly told me to put it in my blog immediately after winning the pot which was nice of him.  I didn't want to let him down so here it is:


Seat 1: MacDaddyNo1 ($1,504.90)
Seat 2: WhirlingDervish ($853.37)
Seat 3: HERO ($1,755.25)
Dealer
Seat 4: GolgeJ ($1,000)
Posts small blind $5
Seat 5: butterfish60 ($1,159.50)
Posts big blind $10
Seat 6: japete ($2,303)
Dealt to HERO

Preflop: (Pot: $15)

FOLD MacDaddyNo1
RAISE HERO, to $30
FOLD GolgeJ
CALL butterfish60, $25
RAISE japete, to $125
CALL HERO, $105
FOLD butterfish60

Flop: (Pot: $295)


BET japete, $190
CALL HERO, $190

Turn: (Pot: $675)


CHECK japete
BET HERO, $360
CALL japete, $360

River: (Pot: $1,395)


CHECK japete
BET HERO, $1,070.25
CALL japete, $1,070.25

Showdown:

SHOWS HERO

SHOWS japete

japete wins the pot of $3,537.50

 I'm happy with the bluff, obviously less happy with the result.  I think Japete made a pretty horrific call here for a number of reasons, but I suppose the ol' aces are hard to fold sometimes.  He said something in chat about how he thought my value range was just flushes which I know certainly isn't the case here but maybe I should have known he would think along these lines.  On the bright side I guess I made a lot of meta-game dollars in this hand.

I actually ran good today overall so shouldn't moan too much.  At one point I was running like Muzone (that translates to really really hot) and its amazing how that leads to playing so much better and making smarter decisions.  Confidence, though talked about a lot in the poker community, is surely an underrated factor in how well you play at a given time.

In other news, I'm going to Amsterdam on 4th November for five days to play some poker and hopefully have some fun too.  There's the 'Master Classics of Poker' on during this time and a couple of friends and I will be playing a few side events.  The trip will likely consist of myself and BrotherMuzone busting very early from a tournament, then sweating the % that we have in MrNiceness until he bubbles, or maybe, if we are lucky, min-cashes.

3 comments:

  1. its retarded! LOL, I honestly have no idea why he is still around... Lovely guy but he should have been busto about 1 year ago.... crazy, ul pal

    (hi Japete)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi james!

    ty for ur advices are always welcome james

    :D

    ReplyDelete