PKR

Tuesday 16 November 2010

MCOP/PKR Live V/Cat gets suprised

Recently have been playing more live poker with the Master Classics of Poker in Amsterdam and PKR Live this month.  In Amsterdam I played a 1500 euro event which I busted and a 800 euro bounty event where I came 20th for 1566 euros plus 1k euros in bounties.  Also played PKR Live where I busted both events pretty early.  Both Amsterdam and London were a lot of fun, though perhaps too much alcohol was consumed.

I'm currently in a rather annoying downswing/breakeven period in online poker.  Having looked at my HEM database this period actually covers a really small hand sample so this length of run bad is completely standard but still very frustrating.  Playing hands on PKR takes longer than most sites due to the software and I'm not much of a grinder so it will easily take me longer than three months to do 100k hands typically.  Anyone that knows anything about variance realises that 100k hands of poker really doesn't mean bugger all in terms of expected win rates.  I think I will stick to the 2/4 games on PKR and other sites for a while until confidence and bankroll is replenished.

I'm back in London this weekend for Arsenal vs Spurs game.  I've never been to the Emirates before so hope its a good atmosphere and a good game.  On that note I will leave with a video that always cheers me up when I'm sad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XALVPwkor7U

No comments:

Post a Comment