PKR

Monday 16 April 2012

blah blah blah

I feel like this blog could be ending soon as I can't even come up with titles anymore.  The entries are becoming more sparse and fewer people are reading it.  Oh well, I suppose all pieces of literary genius have to come to an end at some point.

Anyway, so far this year has been pretty tough poker-wise.  Cash has mostly been a constant struggle, and even though I think I am playing decent, and against people who I feel I have a significant edge on, the results haven't been coming.  I am at least in profit on the year, so it could always be worse.  I sense things are starting to turn around though in April.  At one point I had won 7/8 days but was still down on the month due to one disastrous day.  But since then things have gone well and I have turned around an  $8k deficit to +$8k.  Yay, go me.

As well as PKR I had been playing on a skin on the everleaf network which had some really soft games (Italians!) at mostly lower stakes like 1/2 and 2/4 euro.  I did quite well on there and built up a decent roll but am now concerned about whether I can actually get my hands on this money.  I've tried to make two small withdrawals to my debit card and my Neteller account and neither has been processed yet.  They requested, and accepted, some security documents and are now not processing the cash outs due to something along the lines of 'high demand of cash outs are causing delays'.  I'm surprised the company would admit they cannot process payments on time as it hardly fills the customer with confidence.  Perhaps the whole Full Tilt situation has made me more paranoid (I have a substantial sum at risk there too) but I will not be playing on that site until the payments I requested are fully processed and after I will probably try to get most of my money off there.

I got back from Nottingham yesterday having played the UKIPT.  It was a really good event with so many people turning up to play.  Dusk Till Dawn was completely rammed the whole time.  It's great to see a £700 event create a £1m+ prize pool at a time when the poker industry is hardly booming.  The event itself never really got going for me.  I actually think I played really well but never accumulated much of a stack.  I had a few rubbish river spots where the villain was hardly ever supposed to be bluffing, but was also repping a ridiculously small value range.  I patiently grinded a short stack for ages before shoving AJ into QQ and busting.

There were a few other things I was going to write about but I've forgotten what they were. While writing this I have watched an entire episode of Made in Chelsea and quite enjoyed it.  I hate myself so much.

2 comments:

  1. should blog about how you got whipped at bowling and pool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. or let us in on some of your hyper-turbo and/or roulette secrets?

    ReplyDelete